This tower has pre-filter media which has been framed to enable coverage over a cooling tower intake opening. This type of media is not designed for high volume airflow and will restrict air-flow and result in a drop in static pressure and loss of efficinecy. Furthermore, when this media gets wet and takes on a debris load, airflow will be further restricted. The best approach for protecting this cooling tower would be to use air intake filters which are specifically designed for high volume airflow and use on cooling towers.
- A Global Commitment to Going Green
- Air Solution Company Releases New Air Intake Filter System
- NY Legionella Outbreaks Turns up The Heat on Cooling Tower Maintenance
- Snow Stopper Screens Relieve Snow Build-up In Louvered Air Intake Plenum
- Cottonwood Air Intake Filter Screens
- The Disastrous Effects of Deferring Maintenance